The colors have enormous effects on mind and body of human being. Therefore, color scheme of every room must be chosen keeping in mind the usage of the room.
For instance, you should not chose strong colors like red for your bedroom as it would not help you to take sound sleep. It is advised that a color scheme for each room should be there in your mind while planning to remodel your house.
However, you will select actual color shade after the process of home renovation has come to an end. While selecting color shades in a paint-store, the following points should be kept in mind:
- You should not select any particular color-shade before finally selecting the furniture pieces and rugs. To create a great look, carry with you the samples of rugs, upholstery and tile while going for selecting color shades to a paint-store.
- Glossier finishes are ideal choices for walls of bathroom and kitchens because these finishes are good reflectors of light and can be comfortably cleaned. On the other hand, the matte finishes are known for covering faults in walls and for creating a soft-look.
- Before selecting a color shade for any of your rooms, you will have to decide what type of mood you wish to have in that room. For comfort feelings, darker colors would be appropriate as they cause your room to look smaller. If you wish the room should look spacious, the lighter shades will be appropriate.
- Very bright colors on walls will create an intense feel. It would be best to choose the neutral shade of the selected color and utilize the brighter shade only for accents.
- Several people have a preference to use white and off-white colors for the trims round the doors and windows to attract attention. However, you may not follow them. The wall-color’s lighter shade may work well for trims and catch the attention. Darker trims with lighter walls may also be good but may not work well all the times.
- It is advisable not to choose the color of paint in a hurry. Carry some samples to your residence and think well before using them. Painting is not much difficult, but repainting will irritate you. Therefore, before finally painting your walls, make sure that the paint colors you choose will make your house beautiful.